The Labs will again be held at the wonderful Helen Day Art Center in Stowe, VT.
Small class size and supportive environment.
Early Bird Discount available for applications submitted by May 2nd. To apply click here.
The Fall Stowe Story Lab provides:
- Skill development and focus on story structure, character and theme; pitching and packaging; elements of creative production; casting; and finance and distribution
- Direct access to top working industry professionals in informal, casual setting (for our ever expanding list of fantastic mentors, click here)
- Tools to navigate this complex industry
- A network of talented peers, vital in this collaborative art and business
- An opportunity to forge friendships and collaborations with phenomenal peers and mentors
- One-on-one, workshop, roundtable and social time
- A beautiful setting to develop your craft!
Each Lab is limited in size and is designed for emerging screenwriters, filmmakers and creative producers with narrative projects in all stages of development. You do not need a polished script to apply. You need a great story and talent, as well as the commitment to learn skills necessary to get work made and seen. (We do not at the labs offer notes on each project – although we do facilitate peer-to-peer feedback – but instead focus on story structure, theme, character and genre. All participants in the fall labs will be invited to apply to the spring writers' retreat (which is invitation only), where participants receive intensive, draft-based feedback and discussion on individual projects in a supportive environment.)
Please take a look at a typical agenda.
Although there is a fee to attend the Labs, we continue to expand our offering of fully funded fellowships, made possible through phenomenal partnerships. We are dedicated to supporting as many participants through fellowships as possible. Nine fellowships offered.
We look forward to reading your application. Thank you.
Our fellowship partners: