NewEnglandFilm.com and Stowe Story Labs announce third annual Fellowship Partnership
For the third year, NewEnglandFilm.com and Stowe Story Labs are partnering to bring the world's top emerging screenwriters, filmmakers and creative producers together from around the world to work with leading industry professionals and peers to develop and advance your projects. (View bios of industry mentors.)
"It was a fantastic combination of insights into different aspects of the industry, storytelling craft tools, hard but necessary work on pitching, and inspiring community building."
- Gabriel Robinson, NewEnglandFilm.com Fellow '15, Cambridge, MA. Film project: The Soldier Nun
Applications are now open for the 4-day Stowe Story Labs to take place September 10-13, 2016 in Stowe, Vermont. In addition, all NewEnglandFilm.com applicants will be considered for the NewEnglandFilm.com / Stowe Story Labs Fellowship. One fellowship will be awarded and provide an opportunity for a New England based emerging screenwriter, filmmaker or creative producer to attend the labs for no fee and earn other benefits, including a copy of Final Draft 9, courtesy of Stowe Story Labs' partner Final Draft, a Cast & Crew Company. Learn more about the NewEnglandFilm.com Fellowship and other fellowships on the Labs' website.
The Stowe Story Labs 4-day program includes:
- Skills development with a focus on story structure, character and theme; project pitching and packaging; production; casting; and finance and distribution (View typical schedule.)
- Direct, practical project feedback from industry professionals and peers
- Opportunities to grow your knowledge, skills and insights to help you navigate this complex industry
- Meaningful project feedback in a supportive environment
- The time and space to form a network of relationships to carry forward
- And all in a beautiful setting to develop your craft...
Want more information: watch interviews from 2016 mentors and participants.
Early Bird Discount: Apply by May 2, 2016 and the Application Fee is $40
Regular Application Deadline: July 1, 2016 Application Fee: $50